Wowza changed developer license model
This post is to inform that Wowza has recently dropped their developer license model and replaced it with a 30 day Trial license model. I have no idea why they switched to this model.
I was testing with some servers and found out i couldn’t get developer licenses anymore.
The “old” developer url now points to the Trial version. https://www.wowza.com/pricing/trial
The “new” options:
- 30 days of access to Wowza Streaming Engine
- 3 inbound / 10 outbound connections
- HLS, HDS, WebRTC, MPEG-DASH, RTMP/RTSP, and SRT streaming
- Windows, Mac, or Linux install
- Transcoder, nDVR, Live-to-VOD, DRM technology and more
- REST and Java API access
- StreamLock-provisioned SSL certificate for HTTPS and WebRTC steaming
Please note, your trial key is only valid for the current version of Wowza Streaming Engine.
I used one of my old my Wowza installers ( Wowza 4.7.7 on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS) to see if the license would still work on an older version. And indeed it does. I am happy with that. In case of testing with upgrades from older to newer versions this really is a requirement for me.
So the only downside so far is the restriction of 30 days instead of 180 days. Renewal seems possible. Everything else stays the same (for now)
What will it mean for the Wowza installers?. Nothing. They still can be used, i will change the part about the developer license information